Ready. Steady. Cook!
- Adobo chicken:
- Deseed and soak chillies in boiling water. Set aside.
- Roughly chop onion and garlic.
- Saute onion, garlic and bay leaves until fragrant.
- Place soaked chillies, sauteed onion, garlic, bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick, cumin, thyme, peppercorns and bay leaves into a blender and blend.
- Set sauce aside.
- Cut chicken thighs and breasts into 1cm cubes.
- Seal chicken in a large pot.
- Pour sauce into the pot with chicken through a sieve.
- Mix well and let simmer for minimum 30 minutes or until chicken is well cooked.
- Chop onion finely.
- Sauté the onion in a pot with oil.
- Pour the cans of beans into the pot with the onion and the liquid from one can of beans.
- Stir and then let simmer until the beans are warm.
- Chop the carrot into small cubes.
- Blend onion, stock, water and garlic until smooth.
- Wash the rice and place into the pot.
- Sauté the rice with oil until see through.
- Pour the stock mix into the pot with rice.
- Place in chopped carrot, frozen peas and frozen corn.
- Bring to a boil and then put the lid on.
- Lower heat to very low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Adobo sauce and chicken ingredients:
300g chicken breast
300g of thighs (with skin optional)
½ an onion
1 clove of garlic
4 guajillio chillies
2 Pasilla chillies
1 whole cinnamon stick
½ tsp of cumin
½ tsp of thyme
1-2 bay leaves
½ cup of chicken stock
Salt to taste
1/4 of an onion
2 cans of borlotti beans with the liquid of one can of the beans
1 ½ cup of rice
¼ of an onion
2 cloves of garlic
½ a cup of frozen corn
¼ cup of frozen peas
1 small carrot
1 cube of stock
2 cups of water
Salt to taste