Ready. Steady. Cook!
For those looking for an original recipe to cook on a bbq, look no further, this one is tasty and caters for everyone, Gf, Vegans and the lot.
- Place in blender or food processor the quartered onion, coriander, lime Juice, chilli, garlic, salt, pepper olive oil and blend. Keep beer aside.
- Place the meat in a covered container with the blended ingredients and refrigerate covered for 30 minutes.
- Heat oiled bbq plate to a high heat and cook meat and capsicums. Deglaze with a little bit of beer until meat and capsicums are cooked through. When cooked, rest in a covered dish and cook the rest of the marinade for a few minutes.
- Mix the left over cooked marinade with the mashed avocado until well combined for guacamole
- Warm the wraps according to packet instructions. Keep warm in a covered dish.
- To serve, set the table with cooked dish of meat/tofu, wraps and side dishes and everyone can dig in and make their own. Top with your favourite chunky salsa.
1 pkt of Diego’s GoMex or GoWell wraps
½ a cup of your favourite chunky salsa
700g tenderised round bbq steak, chicken breasts or tofu cut into strips.
½ an onion peeled and cut in quarters
¼ cup of coriander stems and leaves (washed first)
1 lime juiced
½ a chilli (red or green) deseeded and stem removed
2 garlic cloves peeled
¼ cup of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
½ a bottle of Mexican beer (or any light beer)
½ a red capsicum sliced
½ a green capsicum sliced
grated cheese or crumbled fetta
1 mashed avocado