Ready. Steady. Cook!
This recipe can easily to altered to suit your dietary needs, very simple to prepare and nutritious start of the day
- MEXICAN RICE
- Prepare the rice by mixing the stock with Diego’s GoMEX Ranchero Sauce or canned tomato based sauce
- In a preheated pot toss rice with 2 tbsp of oil till opaque, then pour in the stock and sauce, bring to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes, Set aside when ready
- Cut eggs into quarters or slices
- Heat up beans in microwave for about a minute
- Heat tortillas on open flame for a few seconds on each side. This warms the tortillas and also gives them the charred look.
- Top evenly each tortilla with rice, beans, egg, MexiSalsa, onion and coriander
1 pkt of Diego’s GoMex white or yellow corn tortillas
1 jar Diego’s GoMex MexiSalsa or chunky salsa of your choice to serve
5 eggs hard boiled
400g can of black beans drained
1/4 cup of coriander leaves
1/4 of a red onion thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup of Diego’s GoMEX Ranchero Sauce or canned tomato based soup
1 cup of jasmine rice (rinsed)
1 cup of vegetable stock
Tip: Add chorizo or bacon for extra flavor. If you are vegan try adding chickpeas or green beans.