Diego's GoMEX® Corn Tortillas
Oil for deep frying
1 bunch coriander
1/2 red onion
1 jalapeno pepper
1 lime juiced
Salt and pepper to taste
Tip: Taquitos can be prepared the day before and left uncooked. Fry just before serving
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer or in a pot on the stove to 160 degrees.
- Combine shredded chicken, half the coriander and 1 egg, mix well.
- Heat tortilla's as per packet instructions.
- Divide chicken mixture between tortilla's and roll up tightly like a cigar, brush edge with egg wash to seal.
- Deep fry each taquito for 4-5 mins or until golden brown, drain off excess oil with paper towel.
- To make the salsa:
- Dice tomato's and red onion, remove seeds from jalapeno and chop very finely. Roughly chop coriander.
- Combine all ingredients together with lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
Did you know our factory shop is open to the public?
Come and visit us today for our freshly made, on site produced wraps, flatbread and corn tortillas and imported Mexican goods.
5 Hutchinson Street, Burleigh Heads
We look forward to seeing you!