Ready. Steady. Cook!
A popular homemade dish enjoyed regularly by most Mexicans families. Simplicity makes this meal a hearty one but tasteful.
- Preheat oil in a fry pan on the stove to 160°C. (can alternatively use a deep fryer)
- Combine shredded chicken with hot sauce (or mild)
- Heat tortilla's as per packet instructions.
- Divide chicken mixture between tortilla's and roll up tightly like a cigar.
- Place taquitos folded edge face down onto the frypan until sealed then roll to continue frying for 4-5 mins or until golden brown and crispy. Repeat process for each taquito, drain off excess oil with paper towel.
- To make the salsa: Combine all ingredients together with lime juice, coriander, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Top taquitos with lettuce, shallots and drizzle with sour cream and salsa.
1 pkt Diego’s GoMex yellow corn tortillas
1/2 cup of salsa of your choice
300g of roast chicken
1/2 cup of hot sauce (or mild)
1 cup oil for frying
1 cup of shredded lettuce
1/4 cup of shallots sliced
1 cup of sour cream (thinned with 4 tbsp of water)
1/2 cup of crumbled feta
2 tomatoes (small diced)
1/2 red onion chopped
1 lime juiced
1 tbsp of oil
salt and pepper to taste
Tip: Taquitos can be prepared the day before and left uncooked. Fry just before serving.