Diego's GoMEX® Corn Tortillas
Diego's GoMEX® MexiSalsa
Tip: For a healthier version, bake corn tortilla instead of deep frying. Brush with oil, salt and bake at 180°C fan forced for 10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Preheat a deep fryer or a deep pot with oil to 180°C.
- Cut tortillas into triangles by cutting into quarters or eights.
- Place cut corn tortillas in batches into heated oil. Stir gently to ensure they cook evenly.
- As you are cooking, they will boil and bubble. When this slows down you will see them turn a slightly golden colour.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the cooked crispy corn tortilla chips from the oil when the oil slows down and the colour is golden (not brown).
- Drain off excess oil by placing chips on paper towel.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt.
Did you know our factory shop is open to the public?
Come and visit us today for our freshly made, on site produced wraps, flatbread and corn tortillas and imported Mexican goods.
5 Hutchinson Street, Burleigh Heads
We look forward to seeing you!