Ready. Steady. Cook!
Another creative way to use your tortillas! Prepare ahead and store for later use.
- Preheat a deep fryer or a deep pot with oil to 180°C.
- Cut tortillas into triangles by cutting into quarters or eights.
- Place cut corn tortillas in batches into heated oil. Stir gently to ensure they cook evenly.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the cooked crispy corn tortilla chips from the oil when the colour is golden (not brown).
- Drain off excess oil by placing chips on paper towel.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt.
1 pkt of Diego's GoMex white or yellow corn tortillas
350ml of canola oil
Salt to taste
Tip: For a healthier version, bake corn tortilla instead of deep frying. Brush with oil, salt and bake at 180°C fan forced for 10 minutes or until golden and crispy. Goes great with a bowl of Diego's MexiSalsa Important to store chips in air tight container.