Diego's GoMEX® Soft Taco Kit
Oil for deep frying
250g fresh snapper fillets (or any light white fish)
375ml chilled light beer (soda water if you prefer)
225g self raising flour
Salt & pepper to taste
1/4 red cabbage - shredded
1/4 cup olive oil
1 red chilli - seeds removed and thinly sliced
1/2 bunch coriander
Tip: This recipe is best made just before serving to keep all ingredients fresh and textured.
- Preheat deep fryer or pot of oil on the stove to 170 degrees.
- Sift flour in a medium size bowl, make a well in the centre, slowly add beer (or soda water) while whisking to form a smooth batter, stir in salt and pepper to taste. Set aside in the fridge.
- Slice fish fillets into 16 even strips (2 per taco) set aside in the fridge.
- Combine shredded cabbage, juice of 2 limes and olive oil, let sit for 10 mins or until cabbage is starting to soften.
- Individually coat each piece of fish just before placing in preheated oil. Fry for 4-5 mins or until golden brown. Continue with remaining fish, drain off excess oil onto paper towel and season with crispy crumb sachet.
- Heat tortillas as per packet instructions.
- Top each tortilla with cabbage slaw, fish and chilli.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Did you know our factory shop is open to the public?
Come and visit us today for our freshly made, on site produced wraps, flatbread and corn tortillas and imported Mexican goods.
5 Hutchinson Street, Burleigh Heads
We look forward to seeing you!