Ready. Steady. Cook!
A traditional street food dessert made Diego's way. Easy to eat on the go or share with large groups. Made with Diego's Classic Wraps, shallow fried in batter and covered in cinnamon and sugar.
- Place a large shallow fry pan on the stove and pour oil in. Start the stove and gently heat up up to 170-180 degrees celsius.( you can test the temperature with a thermometer or by dropping a drop of batter into the oil, if it bubbles it is ready)
- Combine flour, vanilla essence and water to make a batter. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour batter out onto a flat plate or baking tray. This will make dipping the tortillas in the batter easier.
- Prepare a separate flat plate or shallow pan and mix your sugar and cinnamon in it. Place this to the side.
- Open packet of tortillas and place one tortilla at a time into the batter. Making sure to cover both sides with batter.
- Transfer battered tortilla into the pre-heated fry pan.
- Let tortilla sit in the oil for about 5 mins each side or until slightly brown.
- Use tongs to pick up tortilla from the pan and transfer to your prepared cinnamon and sugar pan.
- Coat both sides of the tortilla in the cinnamon and sugar and place on the side to cool.
- Serve with ice cream, and if you want to try something new try some panela syrup on the side. There are many recipes for this on the internet.
1 pkt of Diegos Classic Wraps
2 cups of canola oil
2 tsp of vanilla essence
3 cups of plain flour
4 cups of water
1 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup of cinnamon
Tip: Cook them just before eating to make sure they are extra crispy and fresh.