Diego's GoMEX® MexiSauce
9 large corn husks
1 cup white corn masa flour
3 cups cooked BBQ chicken
1/2 shredded cheese
1/4 cup chopped coriander - extra leaves for garnish
1/4 frozen green peas
1 cup salsa verde
- Place corn husks in warm water to soak for 30 mins.
- Combine together chicken, cheese, coriander, peas and salsa verde.
- Add masa flour and combine well.
- Remove 1 corn husk from the water and cut 8 strips for tying tamales, set aside.
- One at a time remove corn husks and gently unfold until flat.
- Place 2/3 cup of chicken mixture into the centre of husk, gently press down from the wide end of the husk to the centre leaving the small end free.
- Roll up the tamale to enclose the filling, fold over the top end and tie in a knot with a husk strip.
- Repeat with remaining husks and filling.
- Prepare a large pot filled with 2 inches of water and place a flat steamer basket on top with a lid.
- Place tamales in steamer steam side down and place on the stove over a medium heat.
- Bring water to the simmer and steam tamales for 25 mins.
- Carefully remove tamales from the steamer and let stand for 5 mins.
- Transfer to a platter, untie and open the husks.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with GoMEX MexiSauce
Did you know our factory shop is open to the public?
Come and visit us today for our freshly made, on site produced wraps, flatbread and corn tortillas and imported Mexican goods.
5 Hutchinson Street, Burleigh Heads
We look forward to seeing you!