Diego's GoMEX® Enchilada Kit
500g of your chuck roast beef, chicken thighs or chunks of tofu
2 tbsp oil
1 clove garlic
1 cup water
1 tbsp jalapeño chilli chopped (optional for those that like heat)
¼ cup thin sour cream
1½ cups cheese, grated
½ cup coriander finely chopped for garnish
If desired serve with lime wedges and cabbage salad
Tip: Always cover and wrap heated GoMEX White Corn Tortillas in a clean tea towel to keep these delicious little guys warm.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook garlic and onions until translucent. Add beef, chicken or tofu chunks and cook until lightly browned. Add half the Enchilada sauce, water and jalapeños.
- Transfer to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours, or simmer on stove for 30-45min until beef or chicken falls apart (if tofu until sauce thickens). Once cooked, pull out to cool and roughly chop beef or chicken.
- Prepare Baja Sauce by mixing sour cream and Salsa Picante sachet in a small bowl.
- Divide beef/chicken/tofu evenly among tortillas then roll fillings into each tortilla and place seam side down in a baking dish side by side.
- Evenly distribute the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese on top of the rolled tortilla. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 min.
- Serve freshly baked enchiladas with Baja Sauce and coriander.
Did you know our factory shop is open to the public?
Come and visit us today for our freshly made, on site produced wraps, flatbread and corn tortillas and imported Mexican goods.
5 Hutchinson Street, Burleigh Heads
We look forward to seeing you!