Ready. Steady. Cook!
Looking for something more traditional? Not too complex and satisfying?If the answer is yes, serve this old-fashioned Mexican dish to your love ones.
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Prepare your sauce. Blend together white onion, garlic, chilli, salt, pepper and can of tomato soup.
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan with a tablespoon of oil. Let simmer for 5 minutes then take off the stove.
- Prepare your tortillas. Place a table spoon of oil into a pan and let it heat up. Once oil is hot place tortillas into the pan and let the tortilla soften on each side. Place on a plate on the side.
- Once all the tortillas have been softened you can dip each tortilla into the pre prepared sauce and then fill with your protein.
- Once filled with protein roll up tightly and place into a baking dish. Repeat this process with all tortillas.
- Pour the remainder of the sauce over the rolled tortillas.
- Drizzle sour cream over the top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place baking dish into the oven until the cheese is melted and golden brown. (approx. 15min)
1 pkt of your favourite Diego Tortillas or Wraps
¼ of a white onion
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp of preferred oil
1 can of tomato soup
500g of your pre-prepared preferred protein. I.e. chicken, beef, tofu or beans.
¼ cup thinned sour cream. You can do this by adding a little milk or water.
1½ cups cheese, grated
¼ of shallots or spring onions chopped for garnish
Tip: For a vegan option replace the meat with refried beans and use your favourite vegan cheese!