Ready. Steady. Cook!
Looking for something more traditional? Not too complex and satisfying? If the answer is yes, serve this old-fashioned Mexican dish to your love ones.
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook garlic and onions until translucent. Add beef, (chicken or tofu chunks) and cook until lightly browned. Add half the Ranchero sauce, preferred chillies and water or salt reduced beef stock.
- Transfer to a pot and simmer on stove for 30-45min until beef or chicken falls apart (if tofu until sauce thickens). Once cooked, pull out to cool and roughly chop beef (or chosen protein).
- Heat up tortillas as per packet instructions. Keep tortillas warm right up until you are going to use them. This will make them easy to roll and prevent breaking.
- Divide protein evenly among tortillas then roll fillings into each tortilla and place seam side down in a baking dish side by side.
- Evenly distribute the remaining Ranchero sauce over the rolled tacos, then pour sour cream and finish off with cheese. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 min or until cheese melts.
- Topped baked enchiladas with sliced onions and shallots. Serve with salad if desired.
1 pkt of Diego’s GoMex white corn tortillas or GoWell classic wraps
1 jar of Diego's Ranchero Sauce
1 cup of water or salt reduced beef stock
600g of your choice of chuck roast beef, chicken thighs or chunks of tofu
1 cup of water
2 tbsp of preferred oil
2 clove garlic
1 tbsp jalapeño or chipotle chilli chopped (optional for those that like heat)
¼ cup thin sour cream
1½ cups cheese, grated
¼ of shallots or spring onions chopped for garnish
¼ of a red onion sliced
Tip: Traditionally enchiladas are made with corn tortillas (gluten free), but any of Diego’s tortillas or wraps will be just as good.