Ready. Steady. Cook!
Traditional GF dish, this recipe’s toppings are only limited by your imagination making it a very popular choice. This dish is extremely versatile and so is suitable for many dietary requirements. Excellent for casual and enjoyable finger foods.
- Pre heat oven to 180°C.
- Brush the 10 corn tortillas with oil.
- Bake them for 8-10 min or until lightly golden on 2 oven racks adjusted to the middle of the oven. Set aside.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil until translucent.
- Add in the protein of your choice and jalapeños. Cook until mince is cooked and/or tofu is browned or pre-cooked shredded meat is heated.
- Add Diego’s GoMEX Ranchero Sauce and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Heat refried beans with a tbsp. of grated cheese. Set aside.
- Spread each tostada with ⅛ of refried beans to the edge of the tostada using a spoon.
- Spread each tostada with 1/8 of refried beans to the edge of the tostada using a spoon.
- Add 1/12 of enchilada mixture to each tostada.
- Finish with lettuce, tomato, black olives and cheese and/or any of the extra suggested toppings. Yum!
1 pkt Diego’s GoMex White or Yellow Corn Tortillas
1 jar of Diego’s GoMEX Ranchero Sauce
600g mince, tofu or ready to use shredded beef, chicken or pork
420g refried beans
½ onion diced
1 large clove garlic diced
1-2 tbsp diced jalapeños (optional)
1½ cups shredded lettuce
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup sliced olives
100g grated mozzarella
¼ cup of olive oil to brush tortillas and to cook onions and garlic
diced avocado to top
Diego’s GoMEX Ranchero Sauce
Tip: You can use our larger white corn tortilla as a substitute.