Diego's GoMEX® Corn Tortillas
Oil for deep frying.
2 whole corn cobs
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup crumbled feta
2 spring onions
For the Salsa Verde
1/2 brown onion
1tsp crushed garlic
1/4 bunch coriander leaves
1 jalapeno, seeds removed
salt to taste
Tip: For a healthier version try baking the corn chips
- To blacken corn, remove husks and place corn on a hot bbq or griddle pan and turn corn until blackened.
- To make the corn chips, preheat a deep fryer to 180 degrees. Cut each tortilla into 6 triangle and deep fry for 3 mins, drain excess oil on paper towel.
- To make the salsa verde, drain tomatillo's then add all ingredients into a food processor and combine until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Using a deep oven proof dish, layer corn chips, salsa verde and cheeses with final layer just cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10 mins or until mozzarella has melted and feta has browned slightly.
- Finely slice radish and spring onions to garnish the nachos.
Did you know our factory shop is open to the public?
Come and visit us today for our freshly made, on site produced wraps, flatbread and corn tortillas and imported Mexican goods.
5 Hutchinson Street, Burleigh Heads
We look forward to seeing you!