Diego's GoMEX® Enchilada Kit
8 large chicken thighs
2 tsp oil
1/2 brown onion - diced
1 tsp crushed garlic
2 jalapenos - finely diced
1/2 cup sliced black olives
400g tinned crushed tomatoes
1 cup water
For the cheese filling:
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1 lemon zested
1/4 cup chopped parsley
salt & pepper
Tip: Serve with creamed polenta and lemon wedges.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a large heavy based pot, heat oil.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent, turn heat to low.
- Add jalapenos, olives, tomato, enchilada sauce sachet, hot sauce sachet, and water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins, transfer into a large deep baking dish, set aside.
- To prepare the filling, combine the 3 cheeses, lemon, parsley and salt & pepper, set aside.
- To prepare the chicken:
- On a chopping board, flatten chicken thighs with a meat mallet.
- Evenly spoon cheese mixture into the middle of each chicken thigh and roll up tightly.
- Heat tortilla's as per packet instructions and keep warm in either a tortilla warmer or wrapped in a paper towel.
- Starting 3/4 of the way up the tortilla, leaving 1/4 of the tortilla as one piece cut the remaining into 1cm strips.
- Place one chicken thigh on the tortilla and roll up, place in baking dish cut tortilla side up.
- Continue wrapping the chicken in remaining tortillas.
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins.
Did you know our factory shop is open to the public?
Come and visit us today for our freshly made, on site produced wraps, flatbread and corn tortillas and imported Mexican goods.
5 Hutchinson Street, Burleigh Heads
We look forward to seeing you!