Ready. Steady. Cook!
Use pork carnitas for taco's, nacho's, enchilada's, burrito's, or even quesadillas!
- Cut the pork shoulder into large cubes.
- Place lard into a hot saucepan and melt.
- When the lard has melted and is hot carefully place the pork into the saucepan.
- Simmer for 1 hour with the lid on.
- While the pork is simmer prep your toppings. Chop the coriander, reed onion, pork crackle, avocado and limes.
- After 1 hour add squeezed orange juice, the skin of the orange, garlic, bay leaves and maple syrup.
- Simmer for another hour with the lid off.
- Strain the meat to get rid of the excess fat.
- Chop or pull the meat apart with 2 forks.
- Serve with a warm corn tortilla, salsa, onion, avocado, coriander, pork crackling and a squeeze of lime.
1.5kg boneless pork shoulder
250g of lard
2 tbsp of maple syrup
1 tbsp salt
6 bay leaves
The juice of one orange and the whole skin of the orange
3 cloves of garlic
1 red onion
1/2 a bunch of coriander
1 packet of pork crackle (chicharrón)
3 limes cut into wedges for garnish
Tip: Use pork carnitas for taco's, nacho's, enchilada's, burrito's, quesadillas.