Diego's GoMEX® Soft Taco Kit
Tip: Tortilla baskets can be made the day before and stored in an airtight container. Ceviche is best prepared just before serving.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Using a knife cut a line in each tortilla from the centre out.
- Combine oil with crispy crumb seasoning to make a paste.
- Brush each tortilla with the crumb paste, then gently fold tortilla around on itself to make a cone shape and place in a large muffin tray.
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 mins or until tortilla basket is crispy and slightly golden in colour, set aside to cool completely.
- To make ceviche:
- Dice fish and scallops into small cubes, place in a bowl and add lime juice.
- Stir fish, scallops and lime juice every 2 minutes until fish changes to a bright white colour, fish will be cooked then strain off lime juice.
- Dice squid and prawns into small cubes and add to fish and scallops.
- Add julienne chilli, finely grated lemon zest and coriander leaves.
- Fill each tortilla basket with the seafood mix and top with sweet chili sachet.
Did you know our factory shop is open to the public?
Come and visit us today for our freshly made, on site produced wraps, flatbread and corn tortillas and imported Mexican goods.
5 Hutchinson Street, Burleigh Heads
We look forward to seeing you!