Ready. Steady. Cook!
A crunchy and flavorsome dish that can eaten as part of a meal or as a quick on the go snack.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place potatoes with one tbsp. of garlic and 1 tsp of salt in a large pot filled with water, bring to boil and simmer until potatoes are soft, strain and set aside.
- In large heavy based frying pan, add oil or butter and cook onions, garlic and ginger until translucent.
- Add all ground spices with salt and cook until aromatic.
- Add the cooked potatoes and peas’ and stir until combined and a bit mushed.
- Cut each chapatti in half, spoon enough amount of potato mix into the middle of each chapatti half.
- Fold in 2 sides, and then fold remaining side to form a triangle. Place on a lined baking tray seam side down.
- Brush each samosa with melted butter and bake in oven for 10-15 mins or until crispy and golden brown.
- To make Mint dipping sauce: Combine all ingredients but the oil, use it to drizzle on top of the sauce.
1 pkt of Raj's traditional, classic or garlic chapati
3 large red skin potatoes
1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
1 tbsp oil or your choice of butter
2 tbsp butter - melted (This extra amount will be used for brushing samosas)
1 brown onion chopped
2 tbsp crushed garlic
1 tsp crushed ginger
1/2 tsp of coriander, garam masala and cumin powder
1/4 tsp of tumeric and chilli powder
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup of mint leaves chopped
1/2 cup coriander leaves chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1 pinch of pepper
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp crushed garlic
1 cup of natural yogurt
1 tsp of olive oil
Tip: Make at the beginning of the week and take along to school or work as a snack or lunch.