Ready. Steady. Cook!
- In small bowl, mix together 1 tbsp of oil, apple cider vinegar, Mexican chilli powder, cumin. And add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl combine sweet potato, tofu and corn with marinade spice mix (Step 1).
- Heat remaining oil in a fry pan to a medium-high heat, add garlic, half the red onion and cook till opaque.
- Add the sweet potato mixture to pan, gently fry for 5-6 minutes. Place lid on pan, steam for further 3 minutes.
- Remove lid, add black beans and cook for a further 3 minutes. Set aside to rest
- Heat tortillas according to packet instructions. To keep warm, wrap in bakers paper or a tea towel.
- Salsa fresca: Combine tomatoes, red onions, jalapeños, half coriander, juice from 1 lime and pinch of salt to taste, refrigerate for 30 minutes to develop flavours.
- Guacamole: Smash avocados, combine with 2 tbsp salsa fresca and salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, fill corn tortillas* with seasoned sweet potato filling, salsa fresca, guacamole, squeeze of fresh lime and garnish with coriander.
1 packet Diego’s white or yellow corn tortillas
1 medium sweet potato peeled, diced into 15cm cubes
1 x 440g can drained black beans
1 x 440g can drained corn kernels
150g of tofu pat dry, diced into 15cm cubes
1 large red onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp Mexican chilli powder
2 tsp ground cumin
3 tbsp of quality oil
1 cup fresh coriander rinsed, dried and roughly chopped
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 ripe avocados
4 large ripe roma tomatoes diced
1 diced jalapeño or 2-3 tablespoons diced picked jalapeños –
(remove seeds) wash hands thoroughly after handling
Salt and pepper