Diego's GoMEX® Soft Taco Kit
500g your choice of chicken tenderloin, strips of fish (Hoki or Snapper) or thick strips of tofu
¼ head of lettuce finely shredded
1 small punnet of cherry tomatoes sliced
2 jalapeños sliced (optional)
1 cup of cheese finely shredded
¼ of red onion sliced
1 avocado sliced
½ cup coriander
¼ cup thin sour cream
Lime wedges to serve
Tip: Try dipping your choice of meat/fish/tofu in cornflour then egg before coating with crispy seasoning mix for a delicious crunchy finish.
- Pat down chicken, fish or tofu with paper towel and then toss in a sealed bag with the Crispy Seasoning Mix until evenly coated.
- Bake the coated strips with a spray of good oil in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10min or shallow fry until golden and cooked through.
- Bake the coated strips in a preheated oven at180°C for 10 mins or shallow fry until golden brown and cooked through.
- While strips are cooking prepare the salad ingredients.
- Prepare Baja Sauce by mixing sour cream and Salsa Picante sachet in a small bowl.
- Soften White Corn Tortillas by heating them individually in a sandwich press (spray oil for better results) until steam escapes or microwave (in a microwave safe container/bag) for up to one minute. Please watch as times may vary.
- Divide the strips equally among the tortillas, top with salad, Sweet Chilli Sauce and Baja Sauce.
- Serve with lime wedge and fresh coriander leaves.
Did you know our factory shop is open to the public?
Come and visit us today for our freshly made, on site produced wraps, flatbread and corn tortillas and imported Mexican goods.
5 Hutchinson Street, Burleigh Heads
We look forward to seeing you!