Ready. Steady. Cook!
Eye catching dish that everyone would like to munch on. Hassle free to prepare too.
- In a medium size pot (or in a microwave) on a low heat, gently heat refried beans and mix with cheese unitl melted
- Using a fork roughly mash avocado's. Season with salt and pepper to taste, stir in lime juice, add Jalapeños and coriander.
- Mix sour cream and 2 tbsp of hot (or mild) sauce
- Using a large size bowl, add refried beans and press down slightly.
- Add avocado, press down slightly.
- Add sour cream mix.
- Top with tomato, olives, coriander.
- Preheat deep fryer or oil in a saucepan on the stove to 180°C
- Cut corn tortilla's into 6 triangles.
- Deep fry corn tortilla's for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Drain off excess oil with paper towel and sprinkle with salt and smoked paprika.
- Garnish dip with a few corn chips and have the rest on the side.
1 pkt Diego’s GoMex yellow corn tortillas
1 tbsp of hot (or mild) sauce of your choice
1 tin (400g) refried beans
1/4 cup of tasty shredded cheese
2 avocados coarsely mushed
1/2 a lime juiced
1 tbsp of jalapeños finely chopped (pickled)
1/4 of finely chopped coriander
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup of sour cream
1 tomato - seeds removed and diced
1/4 cup of sliced black olives
1/4 cup of chopped coriander
2 cups of oil for deep frying
1 tbsp of smoked paprika mixed with a tbsp of sea salt (preferably)
Tip: Try baking corn tortilla’s in the oven for a healthier option. Dip can be made the day before its needed and refrigerated, corn chips can be fried the day before and stored in an airtight container. Try using refried beans with chipotle direct from Diego’s.