Ready. Steady. Cook!
- Shallow fry each corn tortilla in hot oil in a pan. Fry until crisp. Set aside on paper towel to drain.
- Chop and prepare vegetables.
- Place onion into pre heated and oiled pan. Sauté until see through.
- Add in zucchini, Jalapeno and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in corn and a tsp of Mexican spice mix or paprika.
- Cover and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Assemble your tostada with refried beans on the base, then vegetable mix and top with lettuce, radishes, salsa and vegan feta cheese.
1 pk of Diego's White or Yellow Corn Tortillas
1/2 an onion
1 cup of corn kernels
1 small jalapeño
salt & pepper
1 teaspoon of paprika or mexican spice mix
1 whole can of diced tomatoes (or fresh tomatoes)
1/2 a bunch of thinly sliced lettuce
1 block of vegan feta crumbled
1 can of refried beans
1/2 a red onion
1 cup of your favourite salsa
Tip: Tostada's can be prepared and baked prior and stored in an airtight container.