Ready. Steady. Cook!
A Tex-Mex delight that can be enjoyed by the gluten intolerant, or by any one that enjoys tasty foods. Easy to prepare for a casual meal and is a popular dish to share or snack on as well.
- To blacken corn, remove husks and place corn on a hot BBQ or griddle pan and turn corn until blackened, cut off kernels and set aside.
- To make the corn chips, preheat a pot with oil or a deep fryer to 180°C. Cut all tortillas into 6 triangle and deep fry for 3 mins, drain excess oil on paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To make the salsa verde, drain tomatillos then add all ingredients into a food processor, seasoned and combine until smooth.
- Using a deep oven proof dish, layer corn chips, salsa verde and cheeses with final layer just cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10 mins or until mozzarella has melted and feta has browned slightly.
- Finely slice radish and spring onions to garnish the nachos.
1 packet of Diego’s GoMEX White or Yellow Corn Tortillas
2 cups of oil for deep frying
2 whole corn cobs
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup crumbled feta
2 spring onions
For The Salsa Verde
1/4 brown onion
1tsp crushed garlic
1/4 cup of coriander leaves
1 jalapeno, seeds removed
salt to taste
Tip: For a healthier version try baking tortilla chips in the oven instead of deep frying.