Ready. Steady. Cook!
Left over tortillas from taco night? Chilaquiles are a perfect way to use those! What a delicious alternative way to start the day.
- Tear tortilla's into random strips or triangles
- In a pot heat oil to 180ºC.
- Carefully fry tortilla strips until golden and crunchy, drain off excess oil onto paper towel.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, add onion, tortilla chips and stir in eggs.
- Season with salt, cook and stir until eggs are firm.
- Add salsa, reduce heat and simmer until thickened
- Transfer into a serving bowl and top with sour cream, avocado, radish, coriander and fetta cheese.
1 Pkt of Diego’s GoMex White or Yellow Corn Tortillas
1 cup of chunky salsa of your choice (Mix with 2 cups of water)
2 cups oil
1/2 brown onion chopped
4 eggs lightly beaten
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup of sour cream thinned with 2 tbsp of water
1/2 avocado sliced
1 radish sliced
1/2 a cup of coriander chopped
1 tbsp of crumbled feta
salt to taste
Tip: A great way to use leftover tortillas. For a lighter version bake corn tortilla chips at 170°C for 10 minutes instead of frying. Cook with chicken instead of egg. Serve with warm refried beans on the side.