Ready. Steady. Cook!
Mexican inspired tacos for the health and environmentally conscious. Crunchy, light and tasty.
- Chop up cauliflower into small florets.
- Combine batter ingredients. Dry ingredients first then slowly adding water.
- Heat up a deep pot with 1 1/2 cups of oil to create a deep fry.
- Once oil is heated (you can test by dropping a small drop of the batter into the oil, if it sizzles its ready) drop each floret into the batter and then into the oil. Once the floret is slightly brown you can remove it with a slotted spoon.
- Continue until all the florets are done.
- Place the sauce ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Dice salsa ingredients and toss together.
- Add juiced lemon and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm tortillas as per packet instructions.
- Assemble your taco with a warm Diego’s tortilla, a few pieces of cauliflower, some salsa and drizzle with sauce.
1pkt of Diego's GoMex Corn or GoWell Flour Diego’s Tortillas
½ a cauliflower
1 ½ cups of vegetable oil (or preferred oil for frying)
½ cup of corn flour
1 cup of chickpea flour
½ tsp each of salt and pepper
1 tsp each of paprika, oregano and garlic powder
½ cup of water
3/4 cup of cannelloni beans
1 lemon juiced
1/3 cup of water
salt and pepper to taste
Optional: 3 small chipotle peppers
1 lemon juiced
1/4 of a red onion
½ a bunch of chopped parsley
6 small radishes
Tip: Make a second taco in advance so you don't miss out. These are sure to be popular!