Ready. Steady. Cook!
- To make the Baja Sauce, combine sour cream, milk, salsa and chill for 10-20 minutes.
- Slice tofu into 10cm batons.
- Whisk egg in a bowl.
- Place cornflour in a separate bowl as well as the crumbs in its own bowl ready for below steps.
- Using a fork, lightly coat tofu in cornflour, dip in egg and coat in crumbs.
- Option 1: Gently place crumbed tofu into hot oil 180°C and cook until golden, drain off excess oil on paper towels.
- Option 2: Place on a baking tray and bake with a touch of spray of oil on crumbed chicken at 170° C fan forced for approximately 15 minutes or until golden.
- Heat tortillas as per packet instructions.
- Fill tortillas with tofu, lettuce, tomato, cheese and top with Baja Sauce. Serve with lime wedges.
1pk of Diego's White or Yellow Corn Tortillas
1 sachet of panko crumbs
500g firm tofu
¼ cup cornflour
2 cups frying oil
¼ head iceberg lettuce
½ punnet cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp sliced jalapeños (optional)
2 tbsp crumbled feta
½ bunch coriander
1 lime (to serve)
¼ cup sour cream
1½ tbsp milk
Salsa of your choice