Ready. Steady. Cook!
- Prepare and chop carrots, potato, onion and garlic.
- Add 1/4 of diced onion, chilli powder, salt and pepper to taste, garlic and the can of tomatoes into a blender (or use a hand blender) and blend until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup of oil to a pan and let it preheat.
- Add 1/4 of diced onion to preheated pan and shallow fry until fragrant.
- Add minced meat to the pan and cook until brown.
- Add the carrot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the pre made sauce and stock, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then add the potato and cook for a further 5-8 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the peas, cover the pan with a lid, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving toss in 1/2 a cup of fresh coriander.
- Serve with rice and tortillas on the side.
1pkt of preferred Diego’s tortillas
500g of minced meat
2 carrots diced
1 large potato diced
1/2 a cup of frozen peas
1/4 an onion diced
1/4 cup of vegetable or olive oil
1/2 a cup of vegetable stock
1/2 a cup of fresh coriander
1/4 of an onion diced
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 tsp of chilli powder (add more or less to taste)
2-3 pieces of garlic
Salt and pepper
Tip: The meat dish can be used for tacos, burritos, wraps and quesadillas. It is very versatile.