Ready. Steady. Cook!
A fun and easy Easter recipe that's a hit with the kids!
- Cut tortillas into preferred shapes using either a cookie cutter or a knife to free hand cut
- Once tortillas are cut warm some butter on a pan to create a thin layer of butter on the bottom of the pan
- Place cut tortillas onto the pan and let the butter fry the tortillas until slightly golden, then flip
- Once both sides are golden place onto a plate with paper towel on it to absorb any excess butter
- Repeat steps 2-4 until all tortillas are fried
- While tortillas are cooling make the icing
- Combine icing sugar and softened butter together until well combined. Add in tsp of milk to give a glossier and smoother texture.
Add in food colouring of your choice, remember a little goes a long way
- Once the tortillas are cooled they are ready to ice.
Pour the icing into the piping bag and begin to decorate!
1 packet of Diego’s Classic Wraps (or your choice of Diego’s Wraps)
2-3 tbsp butter
Cookie cutters in an egg shape (or just free hand cut)
1 1/2 cups of icing sugar
25g of softened butter
1 tsp milk
A few drops of your favourite food colouring